Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Advertising advertisement.


My family and I are standing at some show shoe shop.

Me: papa, please this one.

Papa: no..

Me: papa, please , it has light. ( pointing toward a shoe which has light in its bottom)

Papa: no it is not good…

Me : :( bwahahahah … main neee. Many other of my friends has this shoes. See it has light ( pointing towards light once again, as it is going to be headlight of my feet)

Finally after few more arguments I got my light wale shoes. This was the impact of advertisement of “action light shoes”, and happened to me when I was only 8-9 year old. That advertisement had very peculiar effect on my mind, I almost cried in front of so many unknown people. And argued badly with my papa. That jingle is still in my mind “ lalala light wo bhi shoe mai, kaisa hai yeh system… action ka hai light system”

Even after so many years, I wonder about that advertise and its effect on children like me.

Such is the importance of advertisement of any particular product. That’s why companies waste or invest billions of money in this particular section. When we go to buy any thing we have certain image of any thing in our brain.

Few days back, I was doing a shopping at BIG BAZAR. And I was in food section of it. A mother was looking at rice. Suddenly her child who was also in confusing state spoke: “mamma why are we buying this, I have not seen its advertisement on any tv. Please go for that brand , it is very good I have seen it on TV”.

I started laughing on this incident, so is that lady, Because of innocence of that child. Who even doesn’t known about how to cook, or anything but forcing her mother to buy rice just because of advertisement.

It is becoming a habit of younger generation ( 15-30 age group) and kids (age group below 15) to go for things which they might have seen on TV, or somewhere else as advertisement. Even companies are becoming mad to endorse their products by advertising. I wonder may be one day advertise of product will be more costly than manufacturing of product itself.

There are advertisement every where , just look outside and you will get trillions of advertise to advertise trillions of products. Advertise on rickshaw, on car , on boards, on cloths, as tattoos, in advertisement itself…

Just have a blink and you will get some new... Here n there everywhere …

May be one day my son will come to me and say “PAPA PLEASE THIS BRING MUMMY, I HAVE SEEN HER ON TV. :P “ ok I was kidding. And it was an advertisement of being kidding. Oh my god please bring me out of this advertisement world.


M.A.D
i.e.

Mr. Ashish Dixit

5 comments:

Namrata said...

ok if son is gonna select mother for himself.. then from where the son is gonna come?

and yeah... advertisements do have a world of their own... where they sell, our fantasies and dreams, too.

Sukalyan said...

***Even after so many years, I wonder about that advertise and its effect on children like me.***


Are you still a kid? :P


And Cindrella... A boy can be adopted ;)

Coming to advertisements... they never take over my mind... guess I am sensible guy... just kidding... I rarely watch TV so I don't come across ads frequently... and on roads... I am looking for something else!

But I should admit... that bajaj dtsi ad... was damn awesome so is the tata safari reclaim your life... awesome music... made me dream of buying them!

MoonStone said...

la la light wo bhi shoe me..
kaisa hai ye system??

ACTION ka hai ye light system :)


ek aur yaad aa raha hai

Kapil Dev aur uski beti wala pepsi ka ad tha shayad...

yehi hai right choice baby ... AHA!!

Faisal Abbas said...

haha...ur last lines were hilarious....dumb....but made me laugh like an idiot...anyways...gud thught...so wht excatly are ur posts about? economics/everyday life? gud...keep writing!

richa said...

hmmm...luks like the "ads" r really pissing the hell outta ppl? But not for me, i actually LIVE for ads, ok dat was exaggeration, but i actually love ads. They pull me out of misery wen there's nothing decent to watch on tv(which happens vry often).
And those colorful billboards keep me entertained throughout the horrifying traffic.

Imagine world without ads...
What wud it b like if u went shopping...how wud u differentiate & compare one product frm other?
How wud u flaunt dat "Puma" or "Reebok" to ur friends?

And how wud u make ur buddies green wid envy wid dat ultra-hep lappy??

Doesnt sound vry wholesome, isn't it? Think abt it. joote mein hai light...hmmmm

Once again(witout exaggerating), I live for ads :)